Upcoming VOLT Events
Upcoming Leadership Training and Orientation Events
VOLT Leadership Workship: Balance – Carving Out Time for What’s Most Important to You
Work/life integration: a buzzword of our time, a guiding star for a more balanced life, a principle we are told about and actively working towards. This workshop is aimed at walking through some of the core principles and statistics of work/life balance with a specific aim of figuring out how your volunteering fits in with the rest of your to-dos. Most importantly, this will be a workshop where participants are encouraged to share their lived experiences, what has or has not worked for them, and help guide each other in committing to one, simple goal to work towards in establishing better balance.
As a result of attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Target key areas of improvement or current successes
- Brainstorm takeaway methods for carving out additional time
- Establish a framework to accomplish what’s most important in their lives
By day, Sam Sanders is a Senior Hardware Program Manager for Microsoft helping create empowering consumer electronics and speaking to ‘soft skills’ like organization effectiveness and load-balancing. By night, she works to build a platform to teach highly technical people how to effectively communicate their ideas. This is in addition to balancing two volunteer organizations’ board positions, leading a 400-strong local trail running community, non-fiction writing, teaching adults outdoor skills, pursuing an active adventure life with her husband/two huskies, and over-committing to every DIY house/garden project that happens to spring up.
Date: June 22, 2022
Workshop Time: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST
Post-Workshop Networking and Conversation (optional for attendees): 12:00 – 12:15 p.m. EST
This event is open to all ASME members and volunteers across the globe, including engineering students as well as professional members.
Space is limited and advanced registration is required. You can register online here.
For more information on VOLT workshops, contact Clare Bruff, Senior Manager, Volunteer Leadership Development and Diversity at email@example.com.
Past Leadership Training and Orientation Events
- Effective Mentoring for All Generations (February 2022)
- Performance Management: Using Positive Reinforcement and Other Techniques to Improve Team Results (October 2021)
- Leveraging Diversity to Make More Effective Teams (April 2021)
- Finding Opportunities in Times of Change (January 2021)
- Why You Need Resilience and How to Build It (June/July 2020)
- Succession Planning for ASME Units (March 2020)
- Communicating to Include (March 2020)
- Exploring Engineering Identity (March 2020)
- Communicating Effectively to Inspire Action (February 2020)
- Your Next Volunteer Position: Navigating Your ASME Volunteer Pathway (November 2019)